Well sticking to true Sony Ericsson Style, the Sony Xperia X10 update has been pushed back once again leaving the thousands of crazed Android hungered fans waiting for a real update yet again. This time Sony is promising an “End of October launch through November”.
Sony claims to need a couple more weeks for fine tuning of the software and promises it will be released (really, it will, someday!) and promises to add more features to the line up (read the list below). The last sad bit of news is that Sony has reported the update will be rolled out by “kit” meaning (sony’s words) “What we mean by a â€œkitâ€ is a different configuration, i.e. colour of the phone, bundled accessories but most importantly in this case different software configurations.”
That’s about all anyone knows for now folks, looks like this waiting game isn’t over just yet….
New Features to be Rolled Out in 2.1 Upgrade:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
Source: Sony Blog